Canadian Solar Inc. (the “Company”, or “Canadian Solar”) (NASDAQ: CSIQ), one of the world’s largest solar power companies, announced today that its latest Corporate Social Responsibility Report is now available online.
The report shows Canadian Solar’s firm commitment to sustainable social and environmental developments and the company’s great efforts in making the difference in business and in local communities.
The Corporate Social Responsibility Report is prepared following the guidelines of Global Reporting Initiative™ (GRI) G4 CORE option, the global standard for sustainability reports. Highlights of the 2017 report include:
- In 2017, Canadian Solar delivered 6.83 GW of solar modules worldwide, bringing the Company’s cumulative solar module shipments to over 25 GW, equivalent to generating around 36,500,000 MWh of clean electricity per year.
- As of the end of 2017, Canadian Solar had cumulatively built 3,149.2 MW of solar power plants globally, a 24.2% increase compared with the 2,535.6 MW of solar plants built at the end of 2016.
- Water usage per kW production decreased from 1.14 M3 in 2014 to 0.59 M3 in 2017, a reduction of 48%.
- Electricity usage per kW production decreased from 12.23 kWh in 2014 to 7.22 kWh in 2017, a reduction of 41%.
- CO2 emissions for every kW in module production decreased from 905.4 Kg in 2011 to 392.67 Kg in 2017, a decrease of 56.6%.
- In 2017, the Company employed more than 12,000 people worldwide and created 2,749 new jobs.
- In 2017, 31,217 training programs were provided to the 12,000 employees, an average of 2.5 training programs for every employee. These training programs enhanced employees’ work skills and knowledge.
Dr. Shawn Qu, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Canadian Solar, commented: “At Canadian Solar, we are unwavering in our responsibility to our shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers and the community. Through this report, we hope to highlight our accomplishment to promote sustainable development and provide clean energy to communities across the globe. We will continue to bring a better and cleaner life for people all over the world.”
Canadian Solar’s sustainability report can be directly downloaded as PDF via https://www.canadiansolar.com/media/canadian_solar_csr_report_2017_en_01.pdf
SOURCE Canadian Solar Inc.